Friday, March 2, 2012

Lift Up The Light of Your Countenance

"...lift up the light of your countenance". I have had this phrase in my head all day from the new Shane and Shane CD (The One You Need)! Although...I had no idea what countenance meant...it kept repeating in my head.

Ahhh...it's Friday and we are at home at 6:30PM and Clint has just put some chicken on the charcoal grill. Smells so amazing. I asked Clint, "What does countenance mean?" He said...I don't know. I googled countenance and it means, "A person's face or facial expression". Wow. No wonder this 'mystery' phrase kept resonating in my head. How amazing. Lift up the light of your face, your beautiful holy face. What an overwhelming phrase.


This phrase repeating itself in my head through this hell of a day at work. With backstabbing and talking behind everyone's back going on in my work place, it is hard to remember why we are there and what we are all working together to achieve? A common goal of catering to our patients? Very discouraging and depressing. I kept trying to repeat the lessons Clint and I are studying this week in my head in our daily devotional. Passages reminding us that all we need is Jesus; all we need is His approval and love. All we need is the clothes on our back and not to worry about tomorrow. The road is going to be tough, but if we can just love each other through our hard times, that He will bless us and draw us near to Him. I can surely say being covered in the Word this week has helped my heart to not be so weary about the drama that happens all around us.

Weekend plan: study study study. Even though Clint is always my distraction...because he always comes up with something fun to do and I cannot miss out on ANYTHING...I am going to focus and keep my eye on the prize of VICTORY!! haha.

Prayer Requests:
1. Dustin, Brother-In-Law, brain cancer stay in remission.
2. Jacie RD Exam March 13th. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.
3. House options for Clint and me.
4. Dustin and Chantel, guidance for where they want/need to go. Where God is leading them.
5. Continued growth through the Word of God.

Praises:
1. God is telling us to wait until we have paid off some debts to finalize on a house! Yay!
2. Unexpected however unbelievably fulfilling alone time with Clint this week! So fun.
3. Amazing weather for Bossier City. Enjoyed every second of it!

Thanks for those of you who pray for us. We are praying for those of you who email us! Please feel free to email us any prayer requests!

Geaux Tigers! :) Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment