Saturday, March 10, 2012

There Will Always Be Critics

Fantastic study weather! Cold (for Louisiana), cloudy, and 80% chance of rain every day! With Clint out of town again, me and the girls are studying like crazy...except for their eyes are closed...but they have not left my side! Dedication! I, who is VERY easily distracted, am having a hard time finding an excuse not to study!

I took off work Friday to stay home and study. Clint left Friday morning for Alex to go see CJ and his family for the weekend. I feel like I have gotten some really good study hours in. T-3 days! Eek!

As time draws nearer and I continue to get more and more butterflies. I am reminding myself that God can deliver me through this if it is His will and if I believe that. Continually reminding myself that I CAN do this.

On a different note, I've always known about Invisible Children (IC) and have had many friends involved in the organization, however I was not 100% sure what they were doing at this time. I, along with 50million + people, were introduced into the KONY2012 video . I really enjoyed the video and I was overwhelmed with how amazing it was to see so many young people getting together to dedicate their time, money, and hearts to such an incredible organization/cause.

Since then, there have been SO many critics and accusations about how the company doesn't spend their finances in the way "others" would. I understand being concerned and I do think that it is smart to make sure you research where your tithes are being spent, however, you can check this out.

At the end of the day there is ALWAYS someone who is going to disagree with the way you do whatever it is you are doing. It is just unbelievable to me that the first thing everyone does when something really amazing happens, is they try to find something negative. Something ground breaking is happening and the one thing you want to focus on is: you think the company doesn't spend their money properly. Lets completely forget about thousands of young adults/children dedicating their lives to seeing children be rescued from persecution. The selflessness, dedication, courage, will, and the pureness of all of these people brings me so much joy. When do you ever see something like that splashed all over the news? All these acts that mimic Christ. We never see that. Why can we not rejoice that these people are showing us an example of how to live like Christ?

I shouldn't set my expectations of others so highly. But, I have a lot of hope in our World to be better and it is very discouraging when everyone continues to just be, as Clint says, "Negative Nancy's"!

Rejoices:
1. My friend Victoria passed her RD exam! So happy for her!
2. Clint and I are well! Woohoo!
3. Laura and Connor Beech bought a house! So excited for them!

Prayer Requests:
1. Brother-In-Law, Dustin, brain tumor stays in remission.
2. I pass my RD exam! March 13th!
3. Continue to have guidance on housing situation.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. Please let us know if we can pray for you about anything! Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment