Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wedding Weekend

Hey everyone! It's the Registered Dietitian here! :) I just had to!

We had an awesome wrap up to the week last week. We went to Ruston on Friday evening to spend the night with Conner and Laura Beech (friends from college)! The 4 of us went to Raw, a sushi restaurant in Ruston, to eat! It was DELICIOUS! We just had the best time catching up and enjoying the short amount of time we get to spend with one another! We drove back to Shreveport that night because Ashley and CJ came to see us for St. Patrick's Day! We went to Superior for the evening and had some drinks and hung out. We had a blast! The 4 of us spent the day together Sunday playing games. Wonderful weekend.

I was able to return back to Bible Study on Monday since studying is over forever! WOOHOO. So glad to get back to those girls. We are doing "To Live Is Christ" by Beth Moore. I did the study in college, but it is still just as good going over it again.

On Monday our lesson was about having an initiation of dependency on Christ (Acts 9:8). This lesson was perfect for me to explain because I was just trapped in a situation where I had an enforcement of time upon me (Acts 9:17). I was forced to be completely dependent on Christ because I could not pass my RD exam. There was no one to save me from the situation, but Christ. Of course I had to study my butt off, but until it was time for me to pass...I did not pass. I had to completely give up everything, be 100% dependent on God and His will for me to pass or not to pass and either way I was going to be 100% alright. I truly believed that in my heart and was very dedicated to God's will. This process taught me a HUGE lesson and I will never forget it. How wonderful is the timing of our Lord. The enforcement of time can help us to become so much more dependent on Him and His will for our lives. :)

My lesson in my heart for this week was: When we persecute His children, we are persecuting Him. We are called to be ambassadors of grace. We should have grace pouring off of our lips.

Peyton and Jordan Gibbons will arrive at our house tomorrow at 1pm to leave to go to the McMullan-Phillips wedding in Little Rock, AR! Stephen McMullan is a great friend from college! Stephen met Katy at Med School and we just adore her! So excited! Clint will be officiating the wedding on Saturday! A group of us are staying at The Peabody in Little Rock, so we are going to have a great time! Will return with lots of pictures!

Praises:
1. I passed my RD exam!
2. Two of our wonderful friends are uniting in marriage this weekend!
3. Growing closer to our Lord Jesus Christ every day and learning lessons from trials and thorns.
4. Our niece Casey is turning 3 tomorrow! Happy Birthday Casey Ann!

Prayer Requests:
1. Brother-in-law, Dustin, continues to stay in remission for his brain cancer.
2. Prayers for my job/potential job opportunity.
3. Prayers that Clint will be calm and collected at the wedding ceremony and deliver his message smoothly.
4. Prayers for safety during travels.
5. Prayers for housing.

Love you all! Have an awesome weekend! Can't wait to post pictures next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment