Saturday, February 25, 2012

Knee High In Books

Started feeling much better on Monday, Feb 20th! Thanks for all the healing prayers. Took some time to really get rested last week/weekend and I'm back up to full speed. Yay!

I started hitting the books pretty hard on Monday. I feel like I'm getting off to a good start. This week was not as successful as it could have been, but I don't feel like I'm anywhere near burn out mode--- so that is REALLY wonderful. We had a lot of extra time this week to exercise, get caught up on cleaning, spend some really awesome time together, and enjoy this beautiful weather we have been having. We were able to run a few times this week outside, grill, take the dogs out, and window shop. I think that really helped our spirits to have some awesome weather. Sunny, warm days makes everyone happy!

Clint has a bachelor party for Stephen McMullan this weekend in Fayetteville, AR. He left very early this morning and will be back late tomorrow night. PERFECT weekend for me to study study study. I have been at it all day...of course with many breaks along the way! :)

The View from My End:
(T-16 days)


Unfortunately Clint woke up with a cold on Thursday morning...I think he is catching what I left off. It looks like his is not developing as quickly as mine did. Hopefully his will pass quickly.

Clint and I started a new daily devotional by Sarah Young. We are really delving into the Word and covering ourselves with the Holy Spirit during this time of chaos. We were randomly reading through the Bible every morning, but I am really enjoying this book and having a specific message to read every day. We figured this could be a cool tradition of picking out a new devotional together at the start of every year. This could be something we can pass down to our children that our family goes every year to pick out a new devotional together to keep Christ the center of our lives and everything we do. Thought I would share that idea in case anyone else is interested in doing the same.

Baby shower tomorrow, Sunday, Feb 26th, for a friend, Valerie, from Sunday school. Excited about the girls getting together from our Sunday school group!

Prayer Requests:

1. Continued prayers for our Brother-in-Law, Dustin, that his brain cancer continues to stay in remission.
2. Prayers that I can be diligent during this time of studying for my RD exam. Exam date March 13th. Prayers that I will PASS this test!
3. WHEN I pass my test... Prayers that God will help us make a decision on a potential home.
4. Prayers that Clint will not get sick!

Praises:

1. We have had a lot of recent weekend events get canceled. We really needed things to get canceled because we were feeling very overwhelmed and chaotic. This will help me have more time to study for my test and not feel stressed.
2. Clint and I got to spend A LOT of quality time together this week and it was wonderful and very refreshing for both of us!
3. I am WELL! Woohoo.
4. We found a house we really love and we are patiently waiting for my test results to see if this is where God is leading us.

As always, thanks again for all of you who faithfully pray for us! Thanks for all the emails and messages from all of you who read our blog and stay updated on our life! We love reading your emails!! Please do not hesitate to send us prayer requests! We would love to pray for you and your families/friends!

Ready for some crawfish!!! Geaux Tigers! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment