Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A LOT can happen in a matter of 3 hours...

Oh my goodness! What a day...what a day!!!! October 19th, 2011 will be remembered as a very special day at the Davis household!

At 9am this morning I get a call from one of my best friends, Grace (who is also our Realtor). She asks, "Are you sitting down?" I'm standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom putting on makeup, so I park it on the toilet and respond with, "Yes. What?" She responds, "The contract is not going through on the house that y'all wanted and the listing agent just called to see if y'all are still interested before she puts it back on the market. But, no pressure!" Haha.

Clint and I stop and take a deep breath. We realized that we were still in the same situation we were in 3 weeks ago when we wanted to put an offer in on the house...I still don't have a job! But, we knew I would be finding out today if I could start without passing my RD exam or not. That was going to be the key point in ALL of this. So, we asked Grace if we were able to put an offer in on the house contingent upon my employment; making sure we were able to back out at any point. So...

I booked it over to our mortgage lender's office. I had some final paper work to fill out. I dropped all my paperwork off and they said they would call me as soon as possible. And I start walking out of the office and...

My phone rings. A number I don't know. It is Pierremont Healthcare Center.
They OFFERED ME THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Along with offering a salary that really puts us in a great place financially. So, I start this Tuesday, October 25th!!!!

I was SO overwhelmed...and it was only 10:45 AM!!!

So, I immediately went to Pierremont Healthcare to get a letter of employment for the lender to figure up our prequalification letter. Long story-short. We were able to get our pre-qual letter and we put an offer in on the house at 4:00PM this evening!!!

We are SO EXCITED. A job and possibly a house in one day. Now that is A LOT.

In all of this I think God really wanted for me to see that I put a lot of emphasis and meaning into this house, the first time around, and that was really unnecessary and sinful. I wanted this house so bad, that I didn't care about anything else. I was longing for this Earthly thing and I was DEVASTATED when someone snatched it out from up under us. But, after 3 weeks of not having it, I was fine...of course. I completely let it go and realized that it was not THAT big of a deal and if it wasn't God's will or plan for Clint and I, then I didn't want it any way.

So, now...I'm not nervous at all about the contract not going through. I feel super confident that if it goes through...it is supposed to. If it doesn't....we are not supposed to be in that house. Thank you God for bringing us to our knees to realize that we have to be patient and wait on His plan because at the end of the day...it is going to be the one that benefits us and others the most.

Prayers:
1. Brother-In-Law, Dustin's, brain tumor/labs.
2. Couple who will be finding out about their job situation this week. Pray that it meets their financial needs.
3. Prayers for a couple who have a struggling marriage/ are separated.
4. Prayers for a friend who has an interview tomorrow.
5. Prayers that if this is the home for us- God will make everything work SMOOTHLY.
6. Prayers for my new JOB!! My transition into the working force again will be smooth and I will excel at my new position. Pray that I am accepted well at my new position.
7. Prayers for our hearts during this huge transition and also our marriage as we adjust to change.
8. Prayers that I can kick the RD exams booty.

PRAISES to GOD from whom ALL blessing flow abundantly:
1. I GOT A JOB!!!!!!
2. I will financially be contributing to my family!
3. I have a job!
4. I'm going to be working!
5. We possibly have a house!




2 comments:

  1. Hey... I can't even get a shout out in the prayers section for my interview tomorrow?! :(

    Just kidding! I am so happy for you and Clint! I'm so thankful that God is showing you both what His plan is for you and that things are finally lining up! I can't wait to see you guys in a week!

    <3,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jacie, that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete