Friday, October 7, 2011

Blessings In Disguise

Imagine us having another crazy filled week and a half! Jacie here again.

Clint's PawPaw passed away on the evening of Tuesday, September 27th. It was truly a blessing that he went very peacefully, but none-the-less, we knew the grieving process was going to be difficult. Clint didn't go to work on Wednesday and we drove to Clint's home, Deville, LA, on Thursday morning. We arrived at the Wake around 3:30pm and we were there until 10:30pm that evening. It was a very long day. Clint took this VERY hard.

The funeral was Friday at 11am. Clint decided that he wanted more time with PawPaw alone, so he woke early on Friday morning and got to sing, pray, and talk to him for the last time before people start arriving at the church for the funeral. This was very good closure for Clint. This was Clint's first close relative to lose, so it was a difficult process for him.

We stayed until Sunday morning, which was Clint's Mom's birthday, and then made the drive back to Bossier. Needless to say, we didn't do anything Sunday or Monday. Literally emotionally and physically drained.

Monday: I had a phone interview with Daiichi-Sankyo (DSI) which went very well. This is the pharmaceutical sales company my friend Kelly works for and has recommended me for the opening in Shreveport. I also had an interview with Pierremont Healthcare Center which is a long-term health care facility who is looking for an RD. Both went very well. DSI set up a face-to-face interview for Friday (today). Pierremont said they would get back with me.

Wednesday: Clint and I went to look at the house we have been looking at for about two weeks now. We took tape and laid out where the furniture would go and threw around ideas. Then we decided to look at another house in a neighborhood we really liked just to throw a wrench in the system. Well, we really liked the neighborhood, but not the house. So...we went home that night and decided that maybe we wanted to wait and find something in that neighborhood. We were feeling very bi-polar at this point. I'm sure our Realtor (who is also my best friend, Grace Pylant Rogers) was also thinking this!

That night I decided to get on the computer one last time and see if I had missed any houses.
And...I did! There was a house that had JUST been put on the market in a neighborhood close to the one we are obsessed with and it was in our price range...but no pictures. So, I sent it to Grace. Come to find out...she was looking at that listing at the same exact time at 10:30 at night!
She sent me the pictures the next morning and I immediately knew it was the one. One hour later, I get a call from the administrator at Pierremont (who is my next door neighbor's girlfriend!) and she practically offers me the job over the phone, but says I need to come in and sign paperwork on Monday and I could start orientation on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is this a huge deal because I need a job, but it is also a huge deal because we cannot buy a house unless I have a job. So, four long hours before we get to preview what I think is going to be our dream house, I "get" a job! PERFECT!

So, we went and looked at the house--and just as I thought....it was absolutely perfect for us and where we are right now in life. JUST PERFECT.

Finally all of these crazy things that have been happening to us are coming full circle-- which we knew all along there would be an answer and eventually would reveal themselves. But ....ahhhhh! It is so nice to see where God is going with all of these things! It SO pays off to be faithful, patient, and to stand firm in God's promise that it is not your plan, it is HIS.

I am so happy that I failed the RD exam because if I didn't, I would have taken a traveling RD job and I might be in TN right now for all we know. We wouldn't have tried Broadmoor and made our new amazing friends. We wouldn't be looking at buying a house. I might not have been in town for Pawpaw's funeral. It is so nice to see that God is taking care of us even when it doesn't go the way we think it should.

Prayer Requests:
1. I can sign the paperwork for the Pierremont Healthcare Center job on Monday with no problems.
2. If God wants us to be in this house, it will not be put under contract this weekend!
3. We will find a great lender.
4. Finances will go smoothly.
5. Dustin, Brother-In-Laws, brain cancer and labs.
6. Friend and Relative's of Pawpaw will have peace and closure.

Praises:
1. Possible job for MEEEEEE
2. Possible house for USSSS
3. The goodness of friends and community!--This is a big one!


LSU gonna eat them gators up this weekend! We have to make the trip down to Deville again this weekend! But, we get to celebrate for our friend's Christal and Stephen Workman, their son Stihl is turned one!! Will be driving back on Saturday night. Thank you again for everyone's prayers and support. We appreciate all of it and know we are praying for you too. And if you have any specific prayer requests, don't hesitate to send them to us through email, facebook, whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment