Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Good evening!! Not surprising to all of you who follow our blog, a decent amount has happened since our last post. However, we are doing really well and praying like it is no-one's business! Continuing to put our faith and trust in God from whom all blessings flow. We are so thankful for His grace and mercy that we can be made new every morning!

Job Update:

I still do not have a job....surprise, surprise. Haha. I'm feeling great about God's timing though. I made it to the 3rd round of interviews with Daiichi Sankyo, pharmaceutical sales company. My last interview was Wednesday, October 12th, morning. It went really well. I kept making it to the next round...and then the next...and then the next...so my prayer was, "if this is not it God..close the door". Well, sure enough I got an email Friday, October 14th, morning that I would not be moving on to the next level. So, I was thanking God that He made that decision for me. That makes life a lot easier.

I got a call from Pierremont Healthcare, long-term healthcare facillity, on Tuesday, October 11th, of last week telling me the they were not sure if they were going to bring me on board until I passed my RD exam. So, I got a call from them again today essentially saying the same thing...but they were making sure I was still interested. So, tomorrow I will find our for sure if I have to pass my exam before they will let me start working for them. So, that is a praise and a prayer request that I can pass my exam.


Moving along...

My Mom came in Wednesday evening, October 12th. We had a great visit! Of course she spoiled the mess out of Clint and I, like usual. We ran around town on Thursday and had lots of fun; we went to "Poker Night" at our new friends Daniel and Amber Speir's house on Friday; Saturday we watched Football all day; and Sunday Mom went home. It was a great trip. Too short as always, but hopefully we can go up there for Thanksgiving.

Mom brought me my birthday present!!! (Yes...my birthday is 12/28...but...sometimes you just NEED it early!) She bought me this bedding I had REALLY been wanting. So, we put our new bedding on our bed and I just happened to already have drapes that matched. So we moved our bedding and window treatment into the guest room. I had some lamps in other parts of the house I moved into the guest room that matched better. So, I was able to recycle a lot of pieces to make it all flow. Here is the result: Pic 1 and 2- our bedroom. Pic 3, 4, 5- guest bedroom








Loving the transformation! THANKS MOM AND DAD! Happy Birthday to me...in many weeks!

Latest Project(s):

I have been working on A LOT lately. But...most of them are Christmas presents...so I cannot share them just yet! But...I'm thrilled about all the turnouts...that's all I can say!

Tonight was my sewing night at Ellen Spencer's house! Love it. We have been sewing stockings for the last 4 weeks. And I finally finished ours today! Check them out:












I can't WAIT to put them on the fire place. I guess now I have to sew two more: one for Addie and one for Layla!

For the upcoming weekend:

Clint's 10 year High School Reunion! WHAT?!?! YES!!! How old are we??? So strange. So, we will be participating in lots of reminiscing fun all weekend. I cannot believe that we are going to do this...it just seems too soon!

Clint's sister Dana is on Homecoming Court, so we will get to see her in all her glory as well. I'm excited. Plus it has cooled down here...A LOT...92 on Monday and 60 on Tuesday...yeah. So, that should be fun to wear a coat. Yes, we wear coats in Louisiana when it is 60 degrees outside. Our blood has no clue what is going on. It has been over 100 degrees every day for the last 5 months. So, we will be freezing to death!

Of course we will stop during Saturday afternoon to take a break and cheer on our Tigers...not to be fooled...we are playing the Tigers....but we bleed Purple and Gold...not that yucky Orange and Blue (Sorry Ellen and Justin)!

Prayers:
1. Brother-In-Law, Dustin's brain tumor and renal labs. Pray that God will continue to keep his tumor in remission. Pray that God will help his kidneys to filter more properly.
2. Pray that God will give me a J-O-B! Pray that God will close to door to jobs I am not supposed to have and open the ones where I need to go!
3. Prayers for a friend's marriage; God's will to prevail.
4. Prayers for friends who are trying to conceive and having difficulties. Pray that God will protect their hearts during this difficult time. Pray that God will protect their marriage during this time as well.
5. Prays for a friends who will be finding out about a potential job. Pray that God will let that process be smooth if it is His will for their lives. Prayers for their relationship with family.
6. Prayers that I can be diligent about my studies and kick this RD Exam's BUTT!


Praises:
1. God closed a door to a job opportunity for me!
2. God has left a door open for a job opportunity for me!
3. God has provided a dear friend with a job opportunity closer to where she wants to be, geographically!
4. God has moved in a friendship of mine and opened communication lines!

Tiger Update:
We have our 'Beat Bama' shirts ready to go! They have been purchased, delivered, washed, and dried. Only 3 more weeks. We are trying to break our shirts in before the big day of Nov 5th! Geaux Tigers this weekend against Auburn! We will be there supporting you through the TV! I'm sure Clint will be yelling loud enough so that you can hear it in Baton Rouge though!

Love to all of you! Again, please email us your prayer request if you have any! jaciejdavis@gmail.com and clintdavis27@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys got a lot of things going on! Just think about you guys the other day, I hope all works out with Job stuff. Peace!

    ReplyDelete