Monday, October 10, 2011

How can it be?

How can it be that we are disappointed when we asked God to do certain things?

In my posting on Friday, I asked for prayers for God to not let our "potential house" be put under contract over the weekend if it was the house he wanted for us. Well, the house was put under contract this weekend...and my heart was completely broken. I was truly angry. I was angry at the people who took our "dream house" away from us and I was angry at Clint and myself for not moving more quickly, even though we didn't feel like moving more quickly was a good idea.

So the sobering truth of our "potential dream house" being taken off the market was a nasty reality we found out about yesterday (Sunday) evening. My poor Realtor, and best friend Grace, had to call and tell me. I felt so bad for her, because I wouldn't have wanted to call me and tell me the news either!

But, the other sobering truth is that: Maybe God didn't want us to have THAT house??? Maybe that was not the one He wanted us to move in to?? Whether it was too quick? Or He has a different neighborhood for us?? Or He wants us to be a part of a different community? These are all very good questions. Of course in His time, we will find out why we didn't get the house. And as the seconds pass by and I quit being internally ridiculous, I trust that God's plans are only to prosper us and not to fail us.

But...my heart is still a little broken...a lot broken. I suppose that is why having our human nature of falling for Earthly things can be really dangerous. And scary. All I have thought about all yesterday evening, this morning, and this afternoon is how heart broken I am that we will not be the ones moving into this awesome house and our lives are being put on hold again. But how selfish is that? Very. (My husband is really going to enjoy reading this; especially since he is the one that has had to listen to me moan and groan for the last 24 hours!)

Again, coming back to the realization that this is God's world, time, and money; we are here to serve and worship Him. Should we be patient enough for His blessings? Shouldn't we be thrilled for the person who is getting blessed to have a home? Shouldn't we thank God for shutting a door that is not in our best interest even though we are unable to see that right now?

Yes we should! So, from this moment forward, I am going to thank God for His grace, mercy, and understanding. I am going to appreciate Him closing a door and answering our prayers! :)

On a lighter note:
I got accepted into the 3rd round of interviews for Daiichi-Sankyo, pharmaceutical sales company. However, I also got a 3rd interview for Pierremont Healthcare Center in Shreveport for a Nutrition Manager position. I am supposed to hear back from the administrator today to see how much I am being offered and when I can start! Which is a HUGE BLESSING.

So...
Prayer Requests:
1. My job. God will lead me to take the job that is right for me.
2. God will financially provide a salary that suits Clint and my financial needs.
3. Brother-In-Law, Dustin. Kidney labs are poor; Oncology Dr. is stopping chemo due to Acute Kidney Failure as evidenced by high protein levels. Pray that God will protect Dustin and that his chemo will stay in remission.
4. Prayers for a friend who is having marriage troubles and separated from spouse. That God will protect the couple through therapy and restoration of each of their hearts.
5. God will direct us in knowing what to do with our housing situation.
6. I am going to have to take my RD exam in two weeks. Prayers that I will be diligent with my studies and I will retain information. Prayers that I will pass this time.


Praises:
1. God shut the door to a home.
2. I have 2 potential job offers and will be finding out within the next hour whether I have a job!


Thanks everyone for your thought and prayers. Clint and I appreciate every bit of it. Again, please let us know if we can be praying for something specific for y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment