Thursday, September 8, 2011

We Decided To Risk It Anyway...

Hey guys! It's Jacie! Here is a quick catch-up on our last week!

Well. "Bad news" first: Wednesday, August 31st, I found out I did not get the job we were praying so hard for here in Shreveport. Thursday, September 1st, started out as a very nerve-racking/upsetting day; I failed my Registered Dietitian's Examination. So...needless to say...I was not a very happy girl. After I dropped some much needed curse words over and over and over...again...Clint called. After some encouragement he helped me to come to the conclusion that this one just MIGHT have been out of my hands. I explained to him that, "This is like when you played your absolute best on the soccer field and you gave EVERYTHING you possibly could...and you still lost...and didn't make the final penalty kick." I have been studying non-stop for 3 months and I still just barely failed...and that is a hard one to swallow. So, at the end of the day, when you know that you did everything you could, and gave it your all, there is possibly some other reason I didn't pass. There is some other reason that I did not get that job on Wednesday. So, I am holding tight to the promise that God gives me that He has a plan that is much bigger than anything I can imagine and if I can just sit tight a little bit longer, it will all be worth it.

Good News:

So...we left immediately after my test to head down to Perdido Key, FL where we were having our Beach Trip Reunion with some ole undergrad buddies! Yes...we knew Tropical Storm Lee was in the Gulf of Mexico, but that did not stop us from going.




A little rain and wind was not going to stop this party. And it didn't. We had an amazing time! In between the CRAZY winds and rain, the boys were able to get in the ocean and ride some waves and in between Avery's naps, we played some much needed games. So Much Fun! P.S.- LSU won their 1st game of the 2011-2012 season! Whoop Whoop.

I also got to meet my best friend, Erica's little girl, Avery, for the first time and she is just the most amazing little girl ever; she looks like a tiny porcelain doll. I was so blown away by how patient, calming, and self-sacrificing of a Mother Erica was; it was so refreshing to see such outstanding parenting.




Friendship is just the cure for a little down-in the dump virus. They are always there to call you on your crap, pick you up, set you down on your feet, and give you a little hug and a kiss while patting you on the butt and telling you to get going again. What a relief to have amazing people in your life. Of course we wish we could all be in the same community, but for now, trips will have to do.




I feel so revived after spending 7 days with our closest friends. Now, after not having checked my email for 7 days...I have a lot of work to do before we leave again tomorrow for our niece's, Sarah Kate, 1st birthday party. Ahh!

Praises:
1. Brother-In-Law, Dustin, brain tumor scan came back with no additional growth!
2. Made it to FL and back safely.
3. Layla's Staph infection is clearing up nicely.


Prayer Requests:
1. Our niece, Sarah Kate, is having eye surgery next Thursday, September 15th, the day before her first birthday! Pray that everything goes smoothly with a quick recovery.
2. Brother-In-Law, Dustin, brain tumor scans continue to come back without growth.
3. Patience for Clint and me as we journey through this time of unknown.
4. Clint and me can find a new church/community to call home.
5. Clint to recover quickly from sickness.


Love,
Clint, Jacie, Addie, and Layla

No comments:

Post a Comment