Thursday, June 23, 2016

The hunt

It's such a helpless feeling as a parent when the one thing your child needs ...is unavailable. Grady drinks a special formula called Neocate Jr Unflavored without prebiotics. Our insurance does not cover it so we have to buy it from secondary sources to be able to afford it. We have 2 facebook groups that we buy formula from. Unfortunately, we have to bargain with people and pray they aren't scammers.

Our shipment was supposed to be here today and we were counting on it. I just checked the tracking info and it was delayed till tomorrow for whatever reason...so we won't have formula to give Grady tonight. Do you understand what that means? I won't be able to give my child enough calories tonight before he goes to bed.

You cannot buy this formula in stores. So...I can't just run to Walmart and get it. Do you know how anxiety provoking that is???? My child has to eat. And I cannot give him what he needs if I'm not on top of it. So stressful.

So, I call around to every doctors office in town to see if they MIGHT have a sample can. When they put me on hold and I have to listen to the "waiting music" it makes me feel like I'm in a straight drama movie. What kind of crisis is about to happen next? How can I convince them that we truly need this formula and I'm not trying to steal it? What can I say to make thisure happen?

I plead with the Lord..."Father, God, seriously. You know we need this. We cannot handle anything else. We need you to allow this to happen. PLEASE."

The Lord had serious mercy on us today because the 3rd office I called has a few cans and they are going to give us one to get through today. Thank you God. Crisis averted.

Fpies.

Deep breath in and out. Having to spend Grady's nap time calling a million people is not what I had on the list for today but we have formula and that's more important than my sanity I suppose....

No comments:

Post a Comment