Thursday, July 26, 2012

Color Me Grey...Charcoal Grey!

Good Thursday Morning!  We are almost there..Countdown to Friday!!!

We, the Davis's, are doing...O.K. We have been blessed with tons of community, a new house, friends and family moving into our town, and jobs which are all realllly great things, BUT sometimes it can be a little much!  These past 2 months have been very overwhelming with all the action we have been a part of!  I am so thankful for all of these blessings God has put in our lives, we just haven't had time to sit back, reflect, and most of all breathe.

So, that has been our focus of this week.  Being at peace and having calmness in the midst of chaos.  

I haven't blogged a lot, or any, about the job that God placed in my life last October 2011.  Since day one it has pretty much been one of the hardest situations I have had to endure without being able to leave.  Not only do I have to endure the complications of having a very difficult work environment, it weighs heavily on my husband who has to listen to all of the junk that comes from me being miserable at work (for 8 long hours a day).  I have been searching for another job since I started the one I have.  I know that God has me there for a reason and I have done my absolute best to try and focus in on what that reason might be, but I feel like I have reached my breaking point.  And I am pretty sure Clint has as well. So, everything else outside of work is difficult for me because I am so worn out from the stress and anxiety I get from my workplace. 

It is always very difficult to be in a bad situation yourself, but it is almost more difficult for your spouse to watch you go through a difficult situation and not be able to do anything but listen and give occasional advice.    It is very frustrating and exhausting.   

So, please pray for us.  We need a sense of peace and calmness about my job situation.  Please pray for me to be able to get out of the job that I am currently in.  Please pray that I can differentiate and not bring my work home with me.  Please pray that my emotions will not drown me in exhaustion taking away my alertness to be there for my husband, friends, family, and most of all God.  

Ah.  That feels good to get off my chest so that I can rest assured that I have my prayer warriors alert and ready to help me fight off this situation! God gave me a wonderful sense of hope yesterday.  It was a very random situation; a marketer for a Home Health company came by to see the Social Worker at my facility.  The Social Worker quit last Friday, so she wasn't there to talk with the marketer, so I invited this girl into my office.  I was previously talking with our Speech Therapist and we were discussing how much we hate our jobs and all of the possibilities of where we could go!  I introduced myself to the marketer and she said their only Dietitian just quit a few days back to take another job and they were searching for a new Dietitian.  She immediately emailed her boss saying she had someone in mind for the job and left me with her number.

Just to get a sense of hope slapped in my face was such a breath of fresh air.  It was so nice for God to send someone to just say, "Here.  You see this?  I know you are drowning.  Just give me a little time! Be patient and remember my promises". It was so nice to get the giddy feeling of knowing I'm not stuck.  I should be able to open my Bible and be filled with the hope God promises us every day, but after all, I am broken and human.  So, thanks be to God for this girl delivering the piece of hope that I have been praying for.

House News:

Well. We haven't had much time to work on the house because of our crazy schedules. But, I did take some time this past weekend to paint our Master Bedroom.  Clint had a golf outing with some guys from church, so I locked myself in the bedroom and painted until I could no longer stand.  Thank God Clint came home when he did!  I free-handed the trim, so it was taking me FOREVER!  He helped me finish it up.
And it turned out BEAUTIFUL! A lovely shade of Charcoal Grey with white trim!  Ahhhmazing!
(Pictures to come)


Last Friday we went to a gender reveal party for our friends: The Merville's.  Here is a cute pic we got of some of the girls from the Hopkins B Group (Sunday School Class).  It was a  boy!!!  Yay for team blue!

(Jennifer Wasson, Katie Schiro, Megan Gallien, Ellen Spencer, Kelli Millet, and Me!)


PRAISES:

1. Bless my Mom's heart that she came two weeks ago to help us wash all of our blinds and clean up around our house.  She is a blessing from God.  She is coming this next week too to help out.  BIG PRAISE.

2. Clint's Great Aunt, "Aunt Tiny" was diagnosed with a brain tumor almost two weeks ago.  She had surgery yesterday and it was a success!  They removed all of the tumor and she will be doing chemo and radiation for the next month or so.  

3. Dustin, Chantel, and the girls got moved in and everything is going really well for them!  They have their house looking so cute!  It is so nice being able to drive down the street to see our nieces...and our brother and sister in law!! :) 

4. CJ finally got word that he is 100% moving to Shreveport!  He signed paper on an apartment this past Monday and he moved in half of his stuff yesterday and the rest will come this weekend!

PRAYER REQUESTS:

1. Continued prayers for our Brother-In-Law, Dustin, who is still in remission from cancer.  He will be starting back to PT on Monday for a growth he has on his neck putting pressure on his nerves. Please pray for his success with PT.

2. Aunt Tiny's recovery. Prayers for her strength and endurance through chemo and radiation.

3. Prayers for Clint as he travels to Denver, CO next week for a conference.

4. Prayers for our friends, The Galliens.  Megan is going away for a rotation for PT school.  Her and her husband will be separated for quite some time.  Please pray for their marriage, communication, and endurance through this difficult time. 

5. Prayers for Clint and Me during this time of chaos.  Prayers that we can enjoy all of the awesome things God has placed in our life without stress.  Prayers that I can find a new job. Prayers that I can stop bringing work home and letting it interfere with our marriage and extra curricular activities.



Excited for next week:  My Mom is coming to spend Thursday-Monday with me to help me get the house in order and for things to feel like home!  Lots of fabric shopping and one 101 trips to Lowes.  I'm very thankful and excited!

37 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes till LSU's first kick-off!  We need to get some dining room chairs ASAP! :)

Love you all.  Have a great rest of the week and weekend.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacie! I find your posts encouraging...I admire that you've stayed so grounded in the Lord in the midst of frustration. It's hard to do! Love to you and Clint.

    ReplyDelete